SCAPIN-87: AUTHORIZATION NO. 1, LIVING EXPENSE ALLOWANCE TO AXIS NATIONALS DOMICILED IN JAPAN
OFFICE OF THE SUPREME COMMANDER
FOR THE ALLIED POWERS
2 October 1945
(2 Oct 45)
IMPERIAL JAPANESE GOVERNMENT.
Central Liaison Office, Tokyo.
Authorization No. 1, Living Expense Allowances to Axis Nationals Domiciled in Japan.
1. Reference Central Liaison Office Memorandum No. 49, dated 21 September 1945; the Minister of Finance is authorized to permit Nationals of Germany, Italy, Bulgaria, Finland, Thailand, Rumania and Hungary, who are residing in Japan, to make the following disbursements from their own funds:
a. Payment of Japanese Government taxes.
b. Expenditures of ¥1500 per month for the head of a family, plus ¥500 for each dependent, for living expenses only.
2. From time to time, the Supreme Commander will issue to you lists of names of Nationals of the specified powers not to be accorded the above privileges. You will not permit individuals whose names appear on such lists to make any disbursements unless specifically authorized by this headquarters.
3. Only such transactions as are specified in the foregoing will be permitted by the Minister of Finance without prior approval of the Supreme Commander.
4. Six copies of all applicable laws, as amended to comply with the foregoing provisions, shall be furnished to this office. Such copies shall contain both the English and Japanese texts .
5. An acknowledgment of this memorandum will be made.
FOR the SrpREIE COMMANDER:
/s/ H. W. Allen
/t/ H. W. ALLEN,
Colonel,. A. G. D.,
Asst Adjutant General.